Monday, January 12, 2015

Kaalindi , wife of Lord Shri Krishna

This incident comes in epic Mahabharat , before the Kurukshetra war .

Once Krishna had visited the palace of Pandavas in Hastinapur . Both Krishna and Arjuna together went for hunting .

They got thirsty when they were hunting . So , they came to banks of river Yamuna to drink water . When they were taking rest , Krishna observed a beautiful girl walking all alone across the shore .

Curious to know about her whereabouts , Krishna asked Arjuna to ask the same with her .

Arjuna met her and asked her who is she and what is she doing there all alone ? Girl replied " I am Kaalindi , daughter of Yama and Yami . I have accepted Shri Krishna as my husband . I live inside river Yamuna . I am praying to God so that I can meet Shri Krishna one day and serve him " .

Arjuna passed the message to Krishna and Krishna having no intention to hurt the feelings of his ardent follower , married Kaalindi .