Thursday, August 20, 2020

Why do cold objects emit vapour as hot objects do ?

Yesterday I was having my lunch . My father seved hot rice to my plate . Vapours were coming out from the hot rice . At the same time , he also brought out the buttermilk packet kept in the freezer . To my surprise , vapours were coming out from the cold buttermilk packet !


I was very curious about this .


When we place a hot object in the room temperature , the surrounding air gets hot . Now this hot air moves away from the object as it is lighter .

But when it moves away from object , it gets cooled down to room temperature . When it is cooling down , it will not be able to hold the vapour , it has absorbed , in it . So the vapour gets changed to water molecules and we see that mist coming out from hot object .


Similarly , when we keep the cold object in the room temperature , the atmospheric air gets cooled down . At that time , some of the water molecules in it gets condensed and forms white mist .



Thus , the reason for mist coming out from both hot and cold things are one and the same .

No comments:

Post a Comment