Friday, May 6, 2022

What is at the end of a rainbow?

 This question I came across when I was listening to Web radio.


The RJ asked this question to listeners, what is at the end of the rainbow?


I thought it is a complete scientific question. 


We all see rainbow as a semicircle. Rainbow consists of 7 colours. 


We all know that it comes in the order of VIBGYOR, where


V = violet

I = indigo

B = blue

G = green

Y = yellow

O = orange

R = red


These are the 7 colours in a rainbow according to  their wavelength. 


Now coming back to the question, what is at the end of the rainbow?


Rainbow is always seen in semi circle shape. 


Semicircle has 2 ends. Right and left. 


I was confused by thinking that from which side we must tell what is at the end. 


I was sure either it is violet colour or red colour. 


Without giving stress to my mind, I was waiting for RJ to tell the correct answer. 


Soon, the answer is out. 


It is the letter ' w '.


Rainbow = R a I n b o w.



W is at the end of the rainbow !!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment