Thursday, July 13, 2023

Bheja fry question

 Recently I came across this question on web radio.


Question is very simple. 


If we cut a rope once, we get 2 pieces. Then how many pieces will we get if we cut the rope  thrice  ?


I will explain what I first did.


I did the cross multiplication.


That means once we cut, we get 2 pieces.

So                  thrice we cut. We get 3 *2 = 6 pieces.


But above method is wrong.


Don't make the mistake as I did.


Correct method


When we cut a rope once, we get 2 pieces. 


Now out of them, take one piece.


Cut that. We get 2 pieces. This is the second cut. 


Now we have 3 pieces of rope with us. 


As the third cut, take one of the pieces. Cut it to get 2 pieces. 


Finally we have 2 pieces which were there already and now new 2 pieces we have got by cutting the rope just now .



Finally, after 3 cuts we have 4 pieces of rope not 6 !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment