Saturday, July 16, 2011

Do not ask for help unnesserarily !

                           Do not ask for help unnesserarily !
This incident happened in Gandhiji's ashram. Once a man came near Gandhiji and said he wants to leave to his hometown. Gandhiji asked for reason. Then man told " I want to shave my beard. Here no one agreed to do the job. In our village, there is a barber who will do this work. Thats why I want to leave to my hometown ."
Hearing this, Gandhiji said he will shave his beard. Then man was surprised by hearing this. He asked Gandhiji how can he do such things while it is the job of other people. Then Gandhiji smiled and replied " We must not wait for others to do our work while we, ourselves can do. I can shave my own beard and hair and can do for others also. By doing this, I will not become inferior. Moreover, I will get the satisfaction of heping others who are in need."
By listening to this, man's head was bent in shame. He learnt the technique and started shaving his own hair and beard . Sometimes ,he was helping fellow villagers too.

1 comment:

  1. great, never read this Gandhiji's story before, but he was always for SWADESHI - and SELF-HELP

    ReplyDelete