Monday, August 1, 2016

Which hand is better when giving alms?

My granny used to say " When giving something to others, always use right hand ". Recently I came across a story which states it is a myth.

Once Sri Krishna and Karna sat together talking. That time, a person came and he wanted to have a word with Karna.

Daughter of that person is going to get married. As he is poor, he urgently need money. Since Karna is having a fame in helping others, he had come near Karna.

By listening to the story , Karna immediately took out the gold chain , he was wearing and gave it to that poor person by HIS LEFT HAND.

Poor man took the chain and went on his way. But Sri Krishna was unhappy after watching all these. He objected for Karna's deed of giving chain using his left hand. Krishna said " Poor man has come for help for an auspicious work. But you have given the chain using your left hand ! He might face problems because of this ".

Listening to that, Karna laughed. He said " When the poor man told his story , there was only one thing in my mind. i.e. to HELP HIM. I didnt think of what hand I am using at that moment. If I waste a single moment  at that time, my mind might get changed by another thought. Thats why I didnt care for which hand I am using . My intention was to help him. "

Moral : We must not wait when we are about to do some good to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment