Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Why does the ring finger nail grow quickest ?

The above question may sound childish . I was trimming my overgrown finger nails yesterday and I observed that the ring finger nail has grown much more than the other finger nails and more than that , my right hand ring finger nail is much longer than left hand !



To understand the reason behind this , we need a good knowledge of science .


First , I will tell why ring finger nail has grown much quicker .


Out of our all 5 fingers of a hand , ring finger and the last finger are least used in our daily life . Though all the finger nails grow in the same rate , the finger nail of other fingers except ring finger and the last finger get worn out easily .

I am a right handed person . Obviously I use right hand more than the left hand . So my body pumps in more nutrients through blood flow to right hand than the left one .


If we are left handed , finger nails of left hand would have grown more faster than the right hand !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment