Saturday, November 20, 2021

Question asked in Koun Banega Karodpati?

 Koun Banega Karodpati is being aired on Sony Entertainment Television every weekdays night at 9.00.

 


As I don't watch TV before going to bed, I watch the repeat telecast of same episode next day morning at 11.00.



I am able to answer the questions based on Hindu mythology. In last 10 years, I have written about most of the demons and their deaths in my blog as articles. 




But this perticular episode had a question to which I could not answer. Even my father could not. My father answers all of the questions asked in Koun Banega Karodpati without taking any help. 



But to this question even he was speech less. 



The question is - - - - 




Who is the father of Satya Harischandra? 




All of us know the story of SATYA HARISCHANDRA. Even Gandhiji was inspired by him. We all know how he struggled and faced problems to keep his words given to Sage Vishwamitra. 



I know all of this. But I never took the trouble to find out who is the father of SATYA HARISCHANDRA. 




As we all know each question comes with options. Here the options were 

A. Sagar                B. Bhagirath           C. Trishanku




I was pretty sure that Bhagirath is the grandson of Sagar. But I don't know about Bhagirath 's son. 




Trishanku was a king who wanted to reach heaven when he is still alive. Sage Vishwamitra was able to send him to heaven with his power which he got by doing penance. 




But Indra didn't allowed Trishanku to enter the heaven, alive. Moreover he pushed him towards the earth. 




Vishwamitra was watching all this and he didn't wanted his efforts to go in vain. So Vishwamitra created the replica of heaven in between actual heaven and earth. This is called Trishanku Swarga. 



This much I know about Trishanku. 




What surprised everyone is SATYA HARISCHANDRA is the son of Trishanku. 




I will write about this topic later in my blog as I also need to gather information about this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment