Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Question on pilivesha in Koun Banega Karodpati....

 This week's Koun Banega Karodpati has the contestants who were unable to reach the hotseat in last few weeks.


One of the contestant was Yuvarajappa. He is from Bangalore. I thought one kannadiga participant finally.


I was watching the program. One question was " in pilivesha, people dressed up as which animal?"


Pilivesha is coastal karnataka folk dance. Here people dressed up as tigers, mimic it's actions. Actually people are playing this in the time of krishna janmashtami.


Now I wondered the question asked pilivesha which is a tulu word. Here we call the dance by that name itself. In kannada it becomes hulivesha.


Now the contestant is from Bangalore. Usually people from Bangalore are least concerned about people in other places.


I thought contestant would use a life line. But he correctly answered the question. 


I really thought he will get mixed up. Pilivesha is a tulu word. I was surprised when he said pili means tiger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment