Monday, April 24, 2023

Why do mobile phone batteries get swollen ??

  Today my mobile phone back cover suddenly got detached by itself   !!!


I showed the backless mobile phone to my mother.


I got a good lecture on how to handle things smoothly !!!!


As I was confident that I didn't  do anything bad to my smart phone,  then why it is showing its inner parts !!!


The smart phone batteries are lithium ion batteries.


If they are over charged or charged too quickly, then metallic lithium starts getting plated on anode of battery.


Hydrogen gas can be released on cathode.


Built up of hydrogen gas is responsible for the swelling of battery.


This swelling causes the over size of battery and hence mobile phone back cover does not  fit in.


By knowing this, I heaved a sigh of relief as I am not responsible for what has happened  !!!!


Now a rubber band is wrapped around the mobile phone  along with back cover   !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment