Thursday, March 21, 2013

Why do we sweat more in humid places?

                                             Why do we sweat more in humid places?

I live in a place where humidity is more. The Arabian sea is just 2 km from my place. According to me , since our place is at the sea level , humidity is more here.
If only humidity is more , then it is not a problem. But here , the people ( including me ) sweats a lot. I always wondered why only in our place? why not in Bangalore?
People actually sweat the same amount , on a humid day , as they do on a cold and dry day . The difference is that in humid places , sweat isn't able to evaporate as quickly , like in other places which are higher to sea level .
Because , moisture amount is already there in the atmosphere as our place is at sea level . Even if it evaporates , again there will be sweat generated making me to think that  sweating is more.
But if we sit under fan , we don't feel much sweating , the sweat gets evaporated quickly because of fan's breeze. But electricity  must be there to switch on fan !

No comments:

Post a Comment