Saturday, July 6, 2013

In the news, for wrong reasons

                             In the news, for wrong reasons

I am talking about Manipal. Manipal is the international education place. But now it is in news for wrong reasons.
I agree that whatever has happened , it has brought a bad name for Manipal. I was in  Udupi when the bad incident had happened.
There were protests all over Udupi when people especially students had come to know of it. Since the victim is a student , there were protests by students asking for justice.
I was the student studied in Manipal. As it is shown in news channels, there is nothing like that in Manipal. When a person enters into higher education stream, the syllabus is not covered by a single text book. Students must refer many text books regarding the knowledge about a subject.
Our college too , had a vast library extended in 3 floors. When exams are nearing , libraries are open till late night.
Students who like to attain more knowledge about a subject , could sit in library and study. In Manipal, most students are staying in hostels which are very near to college. There are college buses too. But if students opt to stay outside the college premises, problem arises.
But honestly speaking, I didnt experience any thing.

WHY ?

Reason is very simple. I was not staying in hostel. I was aware of the fact that libraries are open till midnight  But I didnt use that .
As I am quite smart, I have adopted the habit of studying in early morning. Hence to complete the sleep cycle, my eyelids are shutting down around 9.00 PM.
I used to get up early ! At that time, surroundings will be in silence and it is the perfect time to study with concentration.
But I felt bad when people said hate words about Manipal. People here are well behaved. Some thing was wrong some where.
But Manipal is the best place to study .