Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Why is it not possible to catch a house fly easily ?

This question came into my mind after several attempts to catch a house fly which was sitting and again flying infront me . I got disturbed of my open eye meditation because of that !


According to my research , brain of house fly can sense , where exactly the threat is coming . Depending on that , it adjusts its posture suitable to escape .


For example , I am sitting on chair facing the table . House fly is on table . Remember , it is not facing me . It can not see me .



Now I lift my hand to catch it . It has already sensed my motion may be because of vibrations which are appeared on air .



A fly just takes a time of nano second ( 10^-9 ) to decide what to do . It adjusts its posture in such a way that it has prepared itself to fly BACKWARDS !


Likewise it does and escapes as I am trying to catch it in front . But if we change our strategy like that of fly , it will again come to know of it and like wise it changes its position !


Finally , I was fed of my unsuccessful efforts and stopped them before anyone come to know of it and I get scolding .


Conclusion : I thanked GOD for not making the brain of mosquito as sharp as that of house fly ! Otherwise no one ( not only me ) could kill a mosquito .