Friday, June 1, 2018

Times have changed ....

I always get the above said feeling whenever I take a look at the marks of today's science students . Just have a look at a student's marks .....

Physics   ---    100/100
Chemistry  ----- 100/100
Mathematics   ----- 100/100

Nowadays students are scoring 100 % as their average . All the colleges are competing among themselves to prepare the students to get 100%.


When I was in my 10th , or in my college days : getting distinction is the greatest achievement for us . That's 70% .


In the exam room , after having a look at the question paper , I was attempting the questions whose answers are ( method ) known to me .


Then comes difficult questions . Even Though I don't know how to solve the problem , I just write the given data . Because even that carried 1 or 2 marks . Attempting the question was important because if the question is out of syllabus , then the students who tried to solve the problem , were given grace marks . Those were my college days .


At that time , valuation was very strict . It was very difficult to score above 90 . But now , scoring 99.99 is also not enough to get the admission in a prestigious college .!


I have become quite old now !!






No comments:

Post a Comment