Tuesday, November 19, 2019

,Is it a butterfly or a moth ?

Yesterday morning ,when I was walking in our front yard , I saw a butterfly sitting on the ground .


I wondered the butterfly must be feeling hungry , that's why it has come in search of nectar early in the morning . I wanted to catch it .


But I felt uneasy . Butterflies are colourful . Anyone who watches them flying , feels happy too . But this one is black in colour . that too it has spread its wings wide open.


I thought it may not be a butterfly .  It must be something else .



My father said it is not a butterfly but a moth . Both butterfly and moth belongs to same family . That's why they look same .


But there are some differences between them . I have listed them down .

1.  Butterflies are seen during day time where as moths are nocturnal creatures . Means they are seen during night .


2.  Butterflies rest with  their wings closed whereas moths rest with their wings open .



3 . Moths get attracted towards light during night .

No comments:

Post a Comment