Sunday, March 1, 2020

Why do we use a piece of lemon with luke warm water in a finger bowl ?

I have seen in the restaurants , after they serve the meal , at the end they bring a bowl of luke warm water with a piece of lemon floating on it .


I have not seen this type of custom till date . I didn't know what to do with it ? I was feeling embarrassed . Then my father explained that we are supposed to dip our finger tips in the water .


Then when to use the lemon ? I thought we must squeeze the lemon in the water and then dip our finger tips in the water .


My father said I must not do anything like that . We have to just rub the lemon onto our finger tips . Lemon has anti bacterial and germicidal properties .


It frees the hands from unseen bacteria . It is also highly acidic in nature . It helps to remove the layer of oil from our hands .


Q

No comments:

Post a Comment