Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Courage and self confidence

                                         Courage and self confidence
Henry Ford is one of the successfull businessman of America.  This incident happened when he was being interviewed by journalists. This conversation between Ford and a journalist happened like this----
Journalist: Congratulation Sir. You have been considered one of the successful businesssman in America.
Ford: Thank you.
Journalist: What is the secret of your success?
Ford: Courage and self confidence in tackling the problems.
Journalist: It is the usual dialogue said by everyone.
Ford: I mean it. I can prove also. You give me any task which is not possible by ordinary men. I will make it possible.
Journalist: So, transfer water in sieve from one room to another !
Ford (thinking for a while) :  I can do it. But I need some time for it.
Journalist:  What? how much time you need?
Ford: I better wait for change in climate. I will do the work as soon winter arrives.
Journalist: What is special in winter?
Ford: Wait and see.
Press meet was over. But ford remembered the challenge. As the winter arrived, he again invited journalists.
Ford: Now , as I said earlier I will transfer water in sieve from one room to another.
He put water on sieve. As it was winter, water soon cristallised and became ice. Now, Ford taking ice in sieve transferred it to another room.
Ford: I transferred water from one room to another. The journalist friend just said to tranfer water. But he didnt specify in what form . Ice is the solid form of water. I could transfer it carrying in a sieve. I had confidence in me(self confidence) and also the courage to take the challenge. And I succeded.
By hearing this, all the journalists present there clapped for Ford's courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment