Monday, May 2, 2011

Importance of modesty

                                       Importance of modesty
Its a busy morning in city. All the people are about to go to their daily work. So, all of them gathered in the railway station waiting for train to leave. Just then, a super fast passenger express train arrived on the platform. All the coolies went near the door of the compartments of train. They were eagerly waiting for the passengers .
Just then, a passenger was looking for coolie to carry  his bags. He looked well educated and dignified. He called the coolie in a manner that it looks as if coolie is his servant. One coolie came near him. Man asked him to lift the bag by pointing at it. But coolie didnt pay much attention to his words. Agitated man started abusing the coolie.
Just then, another train arrived. Half of the coolies went near that train. Even this coolie went near the train. There was a passenger waiting for a coolie to carry  his bag. He found this coolie and politely asked him whether he can carry his bag?
Coolie readily agreed and went behind the man. He carried the bags of the man and reached the desired destination also. A passerby was seeing all the actions of the coolie . He didnt understand the reason for coolie's behaviour. After coolie finished all of his work, passerby asked coolie his doubt and asked him to explain the reason.
Coolie replied " Even I have self esteem. The first passenger I met ,treated me as his slave though he looks educated. Thats why I didnt pay attention to his words. Whereas the next passenger I met, politely asked whether I can carry his bag. I was happy that he recognised me as a person. Hence I did his work. Thats the secret."Passerby said coolie did the right thing.
Moral: Modesty is the character through which education glows.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent and well written - this is H U M A N I T Y

    ReplyDelete