Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Story from Ramayan

                                            Story from Ramayan

This incident happened after Sri Ram had won the battle and returned to Ayodhya. Sri Ram was crowned King and Bharat as prince. Laxman  had given the responsibility of listening and working on grievances of people, they are facing.
That time, in the morning a dog had come infront of Sri Ram's palace and started howling loudly. Sri Ram listened to the sound and asked Laxman to look at matter. Laxman came outside and found that a dog was howling. He asked the dog the reason.
But dog refused to tell the reason with Laxman. It said it want Sri Ram to come and listen to its problems. Laxman tried to convince dog saying that he will inform Sri Ram about its problems, but dog was adamant. Finally Sri Ram had to come.
When Sri Ram came and asked for reason, dog complained that a saint had beaten him. Sri Ram instantly ordered soldiers to produce the saint infront of him. Likewise, saint had come. Sri Ram asked him about the allegation by dog.
Saint agreed that its true. Finally, Sri Ram asked the dog itself, what punishment he would like to give to saint? Dog said saint must be appointed as the chair person of nearby temple. Everyone were surprised. Sri Ram asked for the reason with the dog.
Then dog replied  " I was the chair person of that temple in my last birth. But because of the power I got, I neglected all the works and indulged in my and family's own profit. Hence I have born as dog in this birth. If I didnt neglect my work and didnt indulge in profit of my family , I would not see this day today. I want the saint to suffer the same plight as I had suffered "
Moral: We must not act with our own interests, when we get powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment