Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Snake in our garden

Early in the morning , I have the habit of doing walking holding my crutch. Today also, I sat on chair and was putting on my chappals.
I saw a long black stick infront of me. As we have coconut trees all around , I thought it must have been the work of coconut tree , dropping its ಕೊತ್ತಳಿಗೆ ( sticks ) down.
Suddenly , I noticed that the stick has started moving ! Then I realized it is not the stick but a SNAKE . It is not cobra. But it is a non - poisonous snake called ಕೇರೆ  ಹಾವು .
What would I do at this point ?


??
??

YES, I started shouting ಹಾವು  , ಹಾವು . ( Shouting is the only work I can do using all my strength ! ). By listening to my shouting, my mother came outside.
Soon she noticed the snake. By this time, snake got scared of my shouting ( ! ) and started moving fast. By seeing snake, mother started praying to Nagaraja ( serpent or cobra whom we worship here ) to go away without doing any harm.
I was confused . It was a ಕೇರೆ ಹಾವು . But mother is praying to God Cobra. I didnt open my mouth since it is the religious matter.
Snake listened to the prayers of my mother and disappeared through the hole of mud compound to the garden of our neighbour .
I waved my hand and wished the snake " BYE , HAPPY  JOURNEY " . I got a good scolding from my mother after wards.