Monday, September 12, 2011

A story of master and student

                               A story of master and student

Gandhiji had a student in Vinoba Bhave. He was watching all the works Vinoba is doing. If Gandhiji thinks the work done by Vinoba is not right, he used to give hints of his unhappiness.
Once in Gandhiji's ashram, Gandhiji showed a letter to all his followers. In the letter it is said that Gandhiji is appointing Vinoba as his heir. He asked one of his followers to post the letter.
After some days, Vinoba got the letter. But after reading the letter , he tore the letter to pieces. Everyone were surprised. Some asked for reason also.
Vinoba replied " Gandhiji had appointed me as his heir. But as his follower, I know my limits. I can not live on the simple path like my master. He must be unhappy with my recent work. Instead of telling, Gandhiji has given me a hint by acting like this. I will try to improve myself."
By listening to this, people were happy over the false quarell of master and his student.

No comments:

Post a Comment