Tuesday, April 23, 2013

22 X 7 power: Election gift

                              22 X 7 power: Election gift

We have 22 X 7 power nowadays ! I was hoping to get a 24 hours of power supply as it is the election time.
Election time is the best time for people of state. Everyone ask about the problems we are facing.
Last week , one morning door bell rang. I just peeped in the window.
Around 3 people standing on sit out area. All of them bowed their head and said "namaskara" to me !
One of them had seen me coming outside the room . I was walking holding crutches.
He was very upset ( as it was evident from his face ) by seeing me in that position.
He started inquiring.  He was the follower of a candidate of a national party. He handed over the pamphlet of that party .
He then assured me that he will arrange an auto rickshaw so that I can come and vote. That too, one phone call to his mobile is sufficient !
I wondered : He says that he will arrange the vehicle so that I can come and vote. But what about return journey ?!
His assurance is valid only to the first half . Not to second half.
Nowadays , we are also having power for 22 hours a day ! Its only till the elections. Once elections are over , again load shedding starts.
Only GOD has to help us till rain come and dams get filled. ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment