Thursday, October 20, 2022

My views on Bhoota kola

 Nowadays big controversy is happening around Bhoota kola.




Here are my views about Bhoota kola as I am staying in Udupi district where Bhoota kola is prominent.





I have my ancestors house near Katapadi. 





Father of my great grandfather was a chef. He used to prepare food for the seers of udupi adamaru matha. 





Because of him, our family got the surname as bhat.






At that time, as a recognition for his work, seers had given some form land to us.






My ancestors had given the responsibility of ploughing to other people. That time, as a guardian of our farm land, they were worshipping  the diety   Verte Panjurli.





But as the time passed, our farm lands have been given to those who are actually working in it according to government rules.






Though now  there is no land, still we have continued to worship the deity Verte Panjurli.





We don't perform kola or tambila for the deity. 






Once in a year, we, all our family members, unite and pay our prayers to diety. 






We offer panchakajjaya ( made of jaggery and poddalu or poha ) to diety. 






It is a tradition that we follow since my great grandfather times.






It is the matter of belief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment