Monday, February 19, 2024

Oldest languages in the world

 Recently I came across this article on newspaper.


It is about oldest languages in the world. 


They are - - - - - - --


Tamil


Greek 


Hebrew 


Chinese 


Samskrit 


I started to read the comments. 


One reader by the name Farooq had commented that, 


Samskrit is a dead language. Only few brahmins speak the language here and there. Common people are not allowed to speak it.


Samskrit is not a people's language. 


By reading this, I felt pity about the mental condition of commentator. 


We are in 21st century. 


In ancient India, I agree people are not allowed to learn Samskrit. 


But now time has been changed........... 


I myself studied Samskrit in my school days for 8 years. 


I still have the ability to communicate in Samskrit. 


By learning Samskrit, I can speak the tongue twisters easily. 


As I went for higher education, I switched to English. 


Samskrit is not a dead language. 


In Udupi, we have Samskrit college where we can pursue master degrees.


Commentator is a Muslim. He has to change his pre occupied mind. 


Don't judge anything on basis of religion, please. 


Yesterday Samskrit literature has been awarded Jnanpeeth puraskaar. 


Samskrit is one of the official languages of India. 

No comments:

Post a Comment