Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The strange couple

                                           The strange couple


The strange couple is Socrates and his wife.  Socrates is a famous philosopher. But his wife always scolding her husband. It is upto that extent  that if Socrates is giving a lecture outside, his wife is coming there to scold and argue with him.
People always pitied about Socrates. Once a man asked Socrates why is he still living with the lady ? then Socrates replied "It is because of her , that I have become a philosopher ! If I leave her, who else will look after her? Where she can go?"
This is Socrates reply. Same question was asked to his wife that instead of always arguing with her husband, why dont she leave him? His wife's reply was "Where else I can find a husband like him, who always listen to whatever I say without questioning? I pray to God that in my next birth also, I must have him as my husband !"
Both had their own reasons to spend their life with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment