Monday, March 31, 2014

Today is Yugadi

Today is the beginning of Hindu new year i.e. Yugadi.  Though we , in Udupi , celebrate Yugadi on April 15, many people celebrate today.
I am happy because I know it is the time of appearance of new buds in trees.
I have a very strong reason for my joy. Our neighbour has grown teak wood tree and mango tree near our compound.
No...  Not inside our compound !
In his compound itself but near a place to our compound.
The trees are big in size as they have grown taller. They are falling their dry leaves on our compound !
Our neighbour's area is clean and clear .
Our compound looks a mess because of those fallen dry leaves.
For a small breeze too, there will be a fresh dose of leaves falling !
But from today , the proportion of falling leaves will become less.
Nightingales have already started singing sitting on mango trees.
I strongly believe our neighbour had planted these trees near our compound on purpose to give us trouble. But I must thank him for giving me a chance of listening to singing of nightingale through out the day.